Technologist 4 – MRS Compliance (Technical Analyst)
Location: Trail, BC
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular Salary: $3,282.00 Bi-weekly Workplace Flexibility: No
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
As a Technologist – MRS Compliance at FortisBC, you will be responsible for integrating business requirements into technology and ensuring smooth function of business operations as it pertains to the BCUC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Standards. Using both business and technical knowledge, the Compliance Technologist will analyze, design, configure, implement and maintain information systems, data centres, virtual infrastructures, networking components, and security. The successful candidate should be committed to continuous growth and learning pertaining to the CIP Standards, which will include assessing the suitability of the technologies listed above and liaising with the end users, business analysts, software vendors, cyber security and infrastructure groups to ensure the desired outcomes are met. Ultimately, the Compliance Technologist will be part of a team that ensures ongoing CIP compliance to applications and environments within FortisBC.
Performs all of the duties of a Technologist 3- MRS Compliance plus the following:
- Holds functional expert responsibility and guides and trains other team members for Electric Operations Technology (OT) Information Technology (IT) environment and assigned to perform OT/IT duties.
- Provides advanced technical support, system administration and system development including acting as a functional expert for all
- Coordinates, recommends and implements major system upgrades, integrations, and segregations as a result of corporate strategic changes, or changes to BCUC CIP
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget and monthly variance reviews and reports by compiling and analyzing statistics. Assists in analyzing cost control on an ongoing
- Establishes and maintains liaisons with stakeholders including:
- discusses business practices, mutual needs, concerns and activities;
- coordinates, negotiates, implements and monitors agreed upon
- Develop and document end-to-end security standard guidelines, policies and work procedures that will support application maintenance, development, and infrastructure. This includes change management, and unit testing procedures and guidelines, as well as facilitate coordination of user CIP awareness
- Maintains an expert working knowledge and practice of the BCUC CIP Standards including:
- leads and coordinates regular internal and external audits;
- records, stores, retrieves and ensures accuracy of appropriate evidence from compliance systems, and reviews other team members evidence for accuracy;
- completes compliance related documentation for routine and non-routine compliance related tasks or change requests, and reviews other team members documentation for accuracy;
- guides other team members during assigned compliance tasks to meet hard deadlines that could result in severe financial or reputable impact to the company, and reviews other team members tasks for accuracy;
- leads in determining and deploying technical solutions based on best business practices and FortisBC’s existing infrastructure and software portfolio during the addition, modification, or retirement of BCUC CIP Standards;
- leads improving defense in-depth strategies that meet BCUC CIP Standards;
- leads response to Cyber Security Incidents which may consider actor pursuit, data preservation and/or recovery;
- assists to maturing the compliance program from a process, documentation and technical perspective;
- assists to potential non-compliance, cyber security, or physical security investigations;
- interprets BCUC CIP standards to understand impact on small scale of related tasks;
- presents compliance information to external departments;
- liaisons with third party consultants and vendors;
- participates strategic sessions with management to provide expert advice and assess impact due to new or changing BCUC CIP
- attends industry conferences to form relationships and to gain understanding of industry standards.
- Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties, which do not affect the rating of the job.
- Completion of a two year Diploma in Computer or Electronics Technology, Computer Science or related
- Eight (8) years’ relevant technology
- Have or able to obtain GCIP Certification within 3
- Industry relevant certifications are considered an
- Immediate knowledge of Data Centre technologies, virtualization, storage, backup, networking, security, and all related supporting
- Working knowledge in programming/scripting and/or database query
- Superior interpersonal and customer service
- Competency in managing large to enterprise sized
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, including ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent attention to detail with focus on ensuring the delivery of high quality accurate and reliable data in a high-pressure
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task deadline-driven
- Superior ability to develop and maintain effective working
- Superior oral and written communication and presentation
- Superior working knowledge of enterprise security concepts such as:
- Security & Risk Management
- Asset Security
- Security Engineering
- Communication & Network Security
- Identity and Access Management
- Security Assessment & Testing
- Security Operations
- Software Development Security
- Business Continuity
- Disaster Recovery
- Valid Class 5 British Columbia Driver’s
If there are no fully qualified Technologist 4 applicants, the following may be considered:
- Technologist 3 applicants with 4 years relevant technology experience
- Technologist 2 applicants with 2 years relevant technology experience
- or Technologist 1 applicants with basic knowledge in programming/scripting and/or database query languages
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn about this role and to apply online, please visit www.careers.fortisbc.com